Jackson Drug Crime Lawyer
Defending Clients Facing Drug Charges in Hinds County
In Mississippi, most drug possession or trafficking charges are felonies. This means that you could face potential penalties that include thousands of dollars in fines and years in prison—you could even face a life sentence! When you have everything on the line, you urgently need a hard-hitting defense team; you need tenacious legal advocates backed by significant experience.
We at Camp Law Firm have over 20 years of experience to pour into your case. Working with forensic experts, we can meticulously investigate your case and fight for your every legal right. Don't hesitate to discover how our aggressive Jackson criminal defense attorneys can provide the personalized service and robust defense you deserve.
What are the Penalties for Drug Crimes in Mississippi?
First-Time Offense Possession Controlled Substance in Mississippi
If you are charged with possessing fractional amounts of Schedule I or II drugs, this will almost always be a felony in Mississippi, punishable by at least thousands of dollars in fines, plus a few years in prison. This would hold even for a first-time possession charge. Schedule I and II drugs include heroin, cocaine, methamphetamine, and ecstasy.
For a first-time marijuana possession charge, however, you might only face penalties similar to a traffic infraction, such as a fine and no jail time. Repeat offenders will face stiffer penalties, and marijuana trafficking or sale charges will always carry a felony charge.
Drug Sale or Manufacture in Mississippi
The potential penalties for a drug crime grow even more severe regarding trafficking charges. To manufacture or sell any controlled substance, you could face decades in prison and tens of thousands, even hundreds of thousands, of dollars in fines.
This includes bartering with or manufacturing any of the following within 12 months:
- 2 or more ounces of cocaine, heroin, or meth
- 100 or more dosage units of morphine, Demerol, Dilaudid, Oxycodone, or MDMA
What Are My Options If I Was Arrested For A Drug Crime?
What are your options against these severe charges? With an experienced Jackson drug crime lawyer, you can find various defense strategies to challenge the evidence against you, potentially reducing or dismissing your charges.
Did police violate your Fourth Amendment rights? Was the arrest conducted illegally? Has evidence been tampered with? Our team considers these questions and more as we conduct in-depth investigations to craft the strongest defense possible. With nearly two decades of experience and backed by a team of specialists, we know how to provide dynamic advocacy that can uphold your rights and preserve your freedom.
How To Get A Drug Trafficking Charge Dismissed
Getting a drug trafficking charge dismissed in Mississippi can be a challenging process that requires the expertise of an experienced Jackson drug crime attorney. If you have been charged with drug trafficking in Mississippi, here are some general steps that you can take to try and get the charge dismissed:
- Hire an experienced Mississippi criminal defense attorney: At Camp Law Firm, our knowledgeable drug crime lawyer evaluate your case and determine the best strategy for getting your drug trafficking charge dismissed.
- Review the evidence: Your Jackson drug crime attorney will review the evidence against you to determine if any of it was obtained illegally or if there are any weaknesses in the prosecution's case. If you are able to prove that there was a mistake or there is no evidence that the drug charge may be applied, then they may be dropped. If you are able to prove that your rights were violated, such as that the evidence was illegally obtained, or faked, or if improper procedures were taken, your Mississippi drug charges may be dropped.
- Negotiate with the prosecutor: Your attorney can negotiate with the prosecutor to see if a plea bargain or a reduction in charges is possible.
- File pretrial motions: Your attorney can file pretrial motions to challenge the evidence against you, such as a motion to suppress evidence or a motion to dismiss the charges.
- Take your case to trial: If negotiations with the prosecutor are not successful, your Jackson drug crime lawyer can take your case to trial and fight for a not-guilty verdict.
Contact Our Jackson Drug Crime Attorney Today
Every minute counts when your freedom is at stake, and prosecutors may already be working against you. The sooner you retain a proven drug crime lawyer, the longer your defense attorneys have to track down evidence and build your defense. If you face drug crime charges in Jackson, you must look no further than our experienced defense firm.
Contact Camp Law Firm today to schedule a FREE consultation with our drug crime lawyer in Jackson!
Felony Evasion Charge Dismissed
Possession Charge Dismissed With Probation
Assault Charge Dismissed